Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed over the weekend.
1. "I need a cold beer," said coach Gavin Hunt after
his Wits team scraped a home win over Maritzburg United...
2. Recap all the action from the Absa Premiership clash between
Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns...
3. Three South African clubs will begin their quest to conquer
the continent when the group stages of the CAF Champions League and CAF
Confederation Cup start...
4. Whoever said lightning does not strike twice was clearly
wrong as once again Kaizer Chiefs have conceded a late goal to dash their slim
hopes of winning the title...
5. The SA Football Association has finally announced the name of
the new Bafana Bafana coach - Scotsman Stuart Baxter...
6. Stuart Baxter ticks all but one of the 10 criteria the SA
Football Association (Safa) needs to be met by the right man for the top job...
7. Pep Guardiola admits he will have to "buy goals"
before next season in a bid to cure Manchester City's lack of killer instinct...
8. Blackburn Rovers became the first EPL champions to drop into
the third tier of English football whilst Newcastle claimed the Championship
title and promotion to the EPL...
9. James Milner accepted the blame for Liverpool's damaging
draw against Southampton after his penalty was saved by Fraser Forster...
10. Craig Shakespeare insisted he is not taking a contract
extension as Leicester manager for granted despite enhancing his claims with a
home win against Watford...