Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed on Wednesday, February 8.
1. Kaizer Chiefs head coach Steve Komphela saw positive signs
during the 30 minutes Gustavo Paez featured against Free State Stars.
2. Cape Town City coach Eric Tinkler highlighted the importance
of starting their PSL campaign for 2017 with a win over Highlands Park.
3. Mamelodi Sundowns star Anthony Laffor has expressed his
delight and gratitude at extending his deal with the champions of Africa for a
further two years.
4. Orlando Pirates have admitted that the end of the first-half
of the 2016/17 season was dismal, and turning the situation around this year is
5. Mamelodi Sundowns believe the return of Anele Ngcongca, Mzikayise
Mashaba and Yannick Zakri will provide Pitso Mosimane with a plethora of
6. Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo isn't concerned he
will lose star player Antoine Griezmann to a "small" club like
7. Former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic has heaped the
praise on Jose Mourinho, claiming that the 'Special One' moniker is well
8. Thierry Henry believes Arsenal's squad has psychological
issues which prevent them from mounting a genuine challenge for the Premier
9. Newly arrived striker Gabriel Jesus will bring the best out
of Sergio Aguero at Manchester City, says defender Pablo Zabaleta.
10. Tottenham Hotspur are eager to land a fatal blow to
Liverpool's slim Premier League title hopes when the sides meet at Anfield on
Saturday, striker Harry Kane has said.