Cape Town - Free State Stars have alerted Kaizer Chiefs in the fourth quarter of the Q-Innovation as they ply second position on the Q4 log.
Read: Chiefs cruising to Q4 title
With just two PSL fixtures remaining, the Free State team made a big jump from fourth position to second following two hard fought victories over Bidvest Wits and Chippa United.
Chiefs however still have the upper hand to claim the R1.5 million prize as they boast a three point cushion over Ea Lla Koto. The league champions face Wits on Wednesday, May 6 before travelling to Port Elizabeth to face Chippa United on Saturday, May 9 - the day where they will eventually receive their well earned 2014/15 PSL trophy.
Free State Stars are set for local derby bout against Bloemfontein Celtic and then on the final match day of the season, Kinnah Phiri’s charges face Mpumalanga Black Aces.
PSL Q4 log:
Absa Premiership Q-Innovation Facts:
- Mamelodi Sundowns claimed the third instalment of the Q-innovation this season
- Current log leaders, Kaizer Chiefs won Absa Premiership Quarter 1
- Polokwane City, under Kosta Papic, claimed Quarter Two top honours (2014/15 season)
- Each side that wins a Quarter gets R1,5 million in prize money
- Quarter One (8 Fixtures), Quarter Two (7 Fixtures), Quarter Three (8 Fixtures), Quarter Four (7 Fixtures)