Joburg Cup in numbers
Johannesburg – Here are some numbers facts, provided by the City of Johannesburg, on the 15 Soccer World Cup matches hosted in the city:
- Seventy taxis transported journalists to stadiums every day.
- A total of 2 579 print and internet journalists were accredited to cover Johannesburg matches.
- Some 887 photographers were accredited.
- Eighty-eight informal traders were registered to provide food to staff and volunteers.
- A total of 1 042 160 people attended matches in Johannesburg.
- Of those, 479 517 used public transport.
- The Metrobus fleet size was 180 for Soccer City and 155 for Ellis Park.
- The average number of spectators transported was 20 468.
- Spectators waited between 17 and 27 minutes to board buses and taxis after matches.
- Some 47 minibus taxis were used.
- A total of 456 security officers and marshals were employed per match at Soccer City.
Why Bayern is best
The Deloitte World Money Report ranks it as the third-richest club in the world but it virtually is...