Geneva - A Swiss court has rejected a $41.4 million-euro
claim against tennis legend Boris Becker by a former business partner,
according to a judgement published on Monday.
Swiss businessman Hans-Dieter Cleven claimed the German
former world number one owed him $41.4 million, after Becker was declared
bankrupt by a court in London last month.
A tribunal in the Swiss city of Zug threw out Cleven's claim
and ordered him to pay legal costs plus $93 107 in damages to the six-time
Grand Slam winner, the ATS news agency reported.
Cleven, who said Becker had missed several deadlines to
repay him the money without specifying the origin of the sum, can appeal
against the ruling.
The 49-year-old Becker, currently working as a television
pundit during the Wimbledon championship - which he won three times as a player
- worked with Cleven on several projects in the past, particularly in the
Becker has denied he is bankrupt and told the German press
he can meet all his financial obligations.