London - Caroline Wozniacki has said on Friday everyone was trying to make her out as a victim after her golf star fiance Rory McIlroy dumped her and called off their wedding.
The former world number one denied their relationship had affected her tennis, but then put her recent improvement in fortunes down to her being more focused on her game.
The Danish 23-year-old hit out at being branded a victim after making it through to the fourth round at Wimbledon, only the third time she has reached the last 16 of a Grand Slam since 2011.
"I felt a lot of support from everybody and the crowd. The crowd has been amazing," she said, speaking about the recent turmoil in her private life.
"Everyone here wants to make me a victim. I'm not a victim. I'm just playing tennis. I'm going about my life. I'm playing well," she said.
Now ranked 16th in the world, Wozniacki denied that her tennis had dropped off during her relationship with Northern Irish golfer McIlroy and was improving again now they are no longer together.
"This year I'm feeling good. My game is in a good state," she said.
"My private life has nothing to do with my tennis. When I'm out there, it's a yellow ball, white lines, it's about playing it over the net and inside the lines more than your opponent."
But she conceded: "To play good tennis, your head has to be there. I'm in a good place in my head right now mentally. I think that shows on court as well. I'm just so focused on what I have to do out there and what my purpose is when I go on court."
McIlroy broke off the engagement and split with Wozniacki last month, only days after sending out wedding invitations.
The 25-year-old claimed he was "not ready for all that marriage entails".
Wozniacki said earlier this week that she was perfectly fine being single and would not be trawling the Internet looking for love.
"I'm not that desperate," she said of the prospect of online dating.- Dinner date with Laura Robson -
The ethnic Polish right-hander said it felt "great" to reach the last 16 of a Slam for only the third time in 11 attempts.
"I'm really pleased. I'm happy. My game is in great shape. I love playing at Wimbledon, so the more matches I can get the happier I am. It's exciting," she said.
In her third round match, Wozniacki saw off the youngest player left in the women's draw, beating highly-fancied Croatian 16-year-old Ana Konjuh 6-3, 6-0.
Wozniacki faces Barbora Zahlavova Strycova in the fourth round. The Czech world number 43 ousted Chinese second seed Li Na for her place in the last 16.
Wozniacki said she would spend the weekend practicing, after a night out for dinner with injured British player Laura Robson. The former Wimbledon girls' champions enjoyed a traditional English afternoon tea together on the players' terrace Thursday.
And the Monte Carlo resident, whose only Grand Slam final came at the 2009 US Open, is confident of progressing once she gets back on court.
She said: "I have a few matches to go -- hopefully quite a few. We just have to see by the end of next week what happens."