WTA Tour

Hingis out of Tokyo event

2013-09-09 16:02
Martina Hingis (AFP)

Tokyo - Former world number one Martina Hingis has withdrawn her wild-card doubles entry in the Pan Pacific Open women's tennis tournament in Tokyo this month, organisers said Monday.

"She will be absent from this tournament due to personal reasons," the Pan Pacific Open office said in a press release.

The 32-year-old Swiss came back from six years of retirement in July to play doubles. The winner of five Grand Slam singles titles lost in the doubles and mixed doubles first rounds last month at the US Open.

The $2.4 million Pan Pacific Open from September 22-28 will feature such stars as Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova in the singles.

Read more on:    wta tour  |  martina hingis  |  tennis

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Vote

When all is said and done, who of the 'Big 3' in men's tennis ends their career with the most Grand Slams?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.