Tennis

BBC extends Wimbledon contract

2015-09-18 13:03
Wimbledon (Gallo Images)

London - The BBC has ended fears of losing coverage of Wimbledon tennis to pay-per-view television by agreeing a three-year extension to the current contract, it was announced on Friday.

A statement from the corporation said rights for television and radio coverage had been agreed until 2020.

"The BBC consistently delivers large national audiences for Wimbledon and they deliver those audiences with high-quality production values, live across multiple platforms and always with a strong narrative," said Richard Lewis, chief executive of the All England Club.

"Importantly, as host broadcaster for The Championships, the BBC also ensures that we can provide a comprehensive and premium service to our global media partners."

Read more on:    wimbledon  |  tennis

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
Vote

When all is said and done, who of the 'Big 3' in men's tennis ends their career with the most Grand Slams?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.