ATP Tour

Federer, Nishikori missing from Monte Carlo line-up

2017-03-23 19:57
tennis, getty images, roger federer
Roger Federer (Getty Images)

Paris - Roger Federer and Kei Nishikori were the only members of the world top 10 missing from the entry list for the Monte Carlo Masters which was released on Thursday.

Australian Open champion Federer, a four-time runner-up at the tournament, had already said he will only decide on his clay court schedule once the ongoing Miami Masters ends next week.

World number four Nishikori has only played once in Monte Carlo. The Japanese star lost in the third round in 2012 to Tomas Berdych.

This year's Monte Carlo Masters takes place from April 16-23 and will see defending champion Rafael Nadal chasing a 10th title.

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Vote

When all is said and done, who of the 'Big 3' in men's tennis ends their career with the most Grand Slams?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...

Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.