Cape Town - British tennis star Andy Murray's motivational notes written before a match at last week's ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam have been revealed.
A list of 10 instructions is listed on a sheet of A4 paper, on the back of which is a letter of support from the British No 1's fans.
The photo was taken by Dutch journalist Wilfred Genee who obtained the notes after Murray's quarter-final defeat at the hands of Gilles Simon last Friday.
The 10 instructions read:
1. Be good to yourself
2. Try your best
3. Be intense with your legs
4. Be proactive during points
5. Focus on each point and the process
6. Try to be the one dictating
7. Try to keep him at the baseline, make him move
8. Keep going for your serve
9. Stick to the baseline as much as possible
10. Stay low on passes and use your legs
It is unclear who was responsible for the instructions as coach Amelie Mauresmo did not accompany him to the ATP World Tour 500 tournament in the Netherlands.
Murray returns to action next week at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.