Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed over the weekend.
1. A search on the internet told me that the expression “never
say never” was first recorded in Charles Dickens’ Pickwick Papers in 1837...
2. It’s that time of the season when the Absa Premiership table
starts to take shape writes Timothy Molobi...
3. Polokwane City have lodged a complaint with the Premier
Soccer League (PSL) regarding their “former” coach, Luc Eymael...
4. Cape Town City FC have confirmed their plans to build a 10
000-seater stadium in the Mother City to serve as a permanent home for the
5. Kaizer Chiefs striker Gustavo Paez believes that his first
goal in Amakhosi colours will be a huge confidence booster going forward...
6. Romelu Lukaku improved his chances of winning the Premier
League's golden boot as Everton romped to victory against West Bromwich Albion...
7. Craig Shakespeare has been confirmed as manager of Leicester
City until the end of the season after winning his first two games in charge...
8. Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes Gabon star
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would be the perfect player to lead the line for his
9. Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho remains the best coach
in the world and not his Man City rival Pep Guardiola, claims Middlesbrough
manager Aitor Karanka...
10. Antonio Conte promised says he would have no
qualms in celebrating another Chelsea win over Manchester United despite riling
rival boss Jose Mourinho in a previous win...