Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed over the weekend.
1. Former Orlando Pirates coach Muhsin Ertugral believes the
club are in turmoil although he is reluctant to reveal where the problems lie
2. Mamelodi Sundowns continued their rampant Premiership form
to move into third place on the standings as they beat Wits at Loftus Versfeld.
3. Free State Stars boss Rantsi Mokoena believes there are
agitators trying to destabilise his side following fresh rumours of Stars being
on sale again.
4. Stadium Management SA has assured supporters that security
will be tight at the Soweto derby, but issued a warning to fans to behave
5. Financial reasons and not 'safety concerns' the reason
behind attempt by Ajax Cape Town to controversially move the Kaizer Chiefs
fixture to Durban.
6. Leicester have started their search for a successor to
Claudio Ranieri, who was sacked as manager of the Premier League champions.
7. Football coaches are not lovable creatures. The instinct is
never to give them a warm hug and pass them a chocolate bar.
8. Jamie Vardy has slammed claims a breakdown in his
relationship with Claudio Ranieri played a key role in the Leicester manager's
9. Antonio Conte believes Chelsea's experience will prove
decisive as they attempt to maintain their stranglehold on the title race.
10. Romelu Lukaku continued his rich vein of form in front of
goal, netting the second of Everton's goals in a comfortable win over
Sunderland at Goodison Park.