Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed on Wednesday, February 22.
1. Kaizer Chiefs defender Lorenzo Gordinho has admitted that
the club are delighted to see the fans coming back to support the team.
2. Mamelodi Sundowns captain Hlompho Kekana has suggested that
the Bafana Bafana squad will largely benefit if they rope in the core of the
3. The match between Ajax Cape Town and Kaizer Chiefs has been
given the green light and will be played at Athlone Stadium.
4. Former Orlando Pirates assistant coach Bradley Carnell
reportedly has his sights set on a coaching move in Europe.
5. AmaZulu forward Siyabonga Nomvethe has sung the praises of
new Orlando Pirates coach Kjell Jonevret, having previously worked under his
6. Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was coy on questions
over Wayne Rooney's future at the club.
7. There are too many foreign managers in the Premier League
and little opportunity for local talents, according to Ryan Giggs.
8. Liverpool announced plans that will see the first team leave
their long-time training base in Melwood and move to a redeveloped site in
9. England midfielder Adam Lallana has signed a contract
extension with Liverpool, the Premier League club has announced.
10. Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is determined to reach
double figures in both goals and assists by the end of the Premier League