Real Madrid deny Neymar bid

2018-07-03 12:59
Neymar
Neymar (AP)

Madrid - Real Madrid have dismissed as "absolutely untrue" reports of a 310 million (R4.9 billion) bid for Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar.

The colossal transfer claim was made by Spain's public television station TVE on Monday evening.

Real were quick to knock it down, saying in a statement they had not been consulted by TVE before the broadcast.

"Real Madrid have made no offer of any kind to PSG or the player," the European champions added.

The report came hours after Neymar's Brazil saw off Mexico 2-0 in the World Cup last 16 in Russia to set up a tantalising quarter-final clash with Belgium.

Neymar, 26, became the world's most expensive player last year when he moved to PSG from Barcelona for 222 million.

More In This Category

Thomas Mueller says the Germans' shock early exit from the World Cup will provide "huge motivation" when he starts the new season.
Russian police have unexpectedly released Pussy Riot punk group members while they still face charges for invading the pitch at the World Cup football final.
Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has pledged his continued loyalty to the Serie A outfit amid reported interest from Europe's elite clubs.
New Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui says Gareth Bale is happy at the club and will reject any transfer move to Manchester United.