Real move on for Navas

2014-07-16 21:00

Madrid - Real Madrid have agreed a deal for Levante goalkeeper Keylor Navas following his outstanding World Cup display with Costa Rica, Spanish sports daily Marca reported on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old helped Costa Rica progress from a group that included England, Italy and Uruguay before his country fell in a penalty shootout to the Netherlands in the quarter-finals.

"Keylor at Madrid," headlined the front page of the newspaper, which stated that Real Madrid had met Levante's €10 million release clause.

"Closed last week. Eight of the ten million clause is for Levante and 2 for the 27-year-old Costa Rican keeper," the newspaper said.

According to Marca, the transaction will be sealed in the coming days, the time it takes to organise a transfer for keeper Diego Lopez to another club, possibly Napoli in the Serie A or French Ligue 1 side Monaco.

Navas was one of the sensations of the World Cup in Brazil, where Costa Rica made history by reaching the quarter-finals for the first time in its history.

He was voted man of the match in three of the five matches he played -- England, Greece and the Netherlands.

Navas's contract with Levante runs until June 2015

More In This Category

Thomas Mueller says the Germans' shock early exit from the World Cup will provide "huge motivation" when he starts the new season.
Russian police have unexpectedly released Pussy Riot punk group members while they still face charges for invading the pitch at the World Cup football final.
Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has pledged his continued loyalty to the Serie A outfit amid reported interest from Europe's elite clubs.
New Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui says Gareth Bale is happy at the club and will reject any transfer move to Manchester United.