Cape Town - The Telkom Knockout Last 16 draw will take place at 20:00 on Monday and will be televised on SuperSport 4.
According to the PSL website, the draw will be conducted by PSL General Manager of Football, Derek Blanckensee, who will be assisted by PSL CEO, Brand de Villiers and Telkom representative, Enzo Scarcella.
The procedure of the draw will be as follows:
- Three bowls will be used for the draw
- The first bowl will contain the seeded eight clubs – (clubs that finished inside the top eight during the 2013/14 season)
- The second bowl will contain the names of the other eight clubs.
- The third bowl will be empty - to be used to determine home and away
How the fixtures will be determined for the last eight teams which will compete in the quarter-finals, will be done as follows:
1. We draw a ball from the seeded bowl and place it in the empty bowl without opening it
2. We draw a ball from the unseeded bowl and place it in the empty bowl without opening it
3. We then “stir” the centre bowl and draw the first ball for home, the second ball for away
The reigning Telkom Knockout trophy champions are Platinum Stars who beat Orlando Pirates 2-1 at the Mbombela Stadium last season.