Johannesburg - FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has expressed satisfaction about the manner in which the 2010 Legacy Trust is handling the funds generated by the World Cup.
Responding to questions at a media briefing to announce the R60 million allocation in Sandton, Valcke said the funds had been channelled to organisations which would ensure the longevity and development of South African football.
"We are encouraged that money from the first phase has been properly used," said Valcke.
"Our commitment when the Trust was set up was to ensure a FIFA World Cup lasting legacy in the host country by supporting long-term football development."
There have been 973 beneficiaries from the first phase of distribution, which amounted to R56 million.
This is the second distribution from the R400 million set aside by Fifa following the 2010 World Cup.
SAFA president Danny Jordaan, who is also chairman of the trust, commended the scope of the work achieved to date.
"We have seen the happiness on the faces of the beneficiaries who have received some of the 800 legacy bags containing full soccer kits and balls," he said.
The trust has prioritised equipment and kit for needy clubs and those schools where football is one of the main sports.
Non-governmental organisations working on social development through football, academies and regional football entities will also benefit from the latest windfall.
Corporate governance Prof Michael Katz, who is also a board member of the trust, said the allocation was aimed at getting football back to its rightful place.
"If you start developing the game amongst the youth, success is assured," he said.
Of SAFA's 341 local football associations, 291 have reported the successful formation of Under-13 and Under-15 leagues as a result of support from the legacy trust.
Organisations have been invited to apply for the funds from November 20, with the closing date January 31.