Below is the draw procedure for the 2016/17 Telkom Knockout
last 16 draw. The draw will be conducted on Thursday, October 6 at 12:30 at the
Wanderers Club in Johannesburg LIVE on SuperSport 4.
The draw assistants will be Professor Ronnie Schloss from
the PSL and Jacqui O'Sullivan from sponsors, Telkom. Draw moderator will be
- Three bowls will be used for the draw (labelled: Pot A, B,
- The first bowl (Pot A) will contain the seeded eight clubs
- (clubs that finished inside the top eight during the 2015/16 season)
- The second bowl (Pot C) will contain the names of the
other eight clubs.
- The third bowl (Pot B) will be empty - to be used to
determine home and away.
How it will work:
1. We draw a ball from the seeded bowl (Pot A) and place it
in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
2. We draw a ball from the unseeded bowl (Pot C) and place
it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
3. We then draw go to Pot B and draw the first ball for
home, the second ball for away.