Cape Town - SuperSport United CEO Stan Matthews says Jeremy Brockie is not for sale after rejecting overtures from Mamelodi Sundowns for the striker.
The 29-year-old New Zealand international frontman joined Matsatsantsa from Wellington Phoenix in 2015, having previously played for a number of clubs including Canterbury United, New Zealand Knights, Sydney FC, North Queensland Fury and the Newcastle Jets.
Reports in the local press suggested that both Sundowns and Orlando Pirates were keen on the player, with the Brazilians formalising their interest.
Speaking to Kickoff website, Matthews said: "Jeremy has three years still left on his contract with SuperSport and we have no desire to sell him.
“In fact he sent me an email today requesting a longer term deal with the club, so from our side we have no issues with Jeremy."
Brockie scored eight league goals last season and three in the Nedbank Cup. He added a further nine in the CAF Confederation Cup.
"We love him, he is the first striker to score 20 goals a season for two consecutive seasons at SuperSport in our history," Matthews continued.
"Sundowns showed a lot of interest. They made a very nice offer but for us it is not only about money but also backing the new coach (Eric Tinkler) and giving him the opportunity to have a winning team with a best eleven and Eric’s best eleven has Jeremy in it so he is not for sale."
Brockie claimed the Golden Boot Award at the SuperSport United end of seasons awards ceremony on Monday.