Cape Town - The leading trio of PSL clubs all managed to secure victories but fellow title contender, Orlando Pirates, dropped further off the pace following a draw against Soweto rivals Moroka Swallows.
Kaizer Chiefs secured a 13th win in the PSL when they eased past Free State Stars, while Bidvest Wits and Mamelodi Sundowns ensured that they did not fall further behind in their task of eventually overhauling the Glamour Boys.
Absa Premiership Logs
Kingston Nkhatha finally broke his goal scoring drought after so much pressure from The Glamour Boys fans and the Zimbabwean striker gave his critics something else to consider as he set up Siyabonga Nkosi to put Chiefs out of touching distance. Kaizer Chiefs sealed a 2-1 win over Free State Stars to stretch their unbeaten PSL run to 17 games.
A brace from out of favour forward, Anthony Laffor, ensured Mamelodi Sundowns remained in touching distance with Gavin Hunt's Clever Boys in the race for second place. BidVest Wits had to dig deep in order to get one over SuperSport United courtesy of a late second half goal from Bafana Bafana defender Thulani Hlatshwayo.
The University of Pretoria brought Polokwane City back down to earth as they thrashed the Quarter Two winners 5-1.
Clinton Larsen started his not so new life in his familiar old post at Bloemfontein Celtic, with his beating Mpumalanga Black Aces 2-0 away from home. Hellings Mhango netted a brace to ensure a win for Larsen's side.
PSL Team of the Week:
1. Moeneeb Josephs (Bidvest Wits)
2. Tebogo Langerman (Mamelodi Sundowns)
3. Thulani Hlatshwayo (Bidvest Wits)
4. Tefu Mashamaite (Kaizer Chiefs)
5. Alfred Ndengane (Bloemfontein Celtic)
6. Thabo Mnyamane (University of Pretoria)
7. Siyabonga Nkosi (Kaizer Chiefs)
8. Thapelo Morena (Bloemfontein Celtic)
9. Geofrey Massa (University of Pretoria)
10. Hellings Mhango (Bloemfontein Celtic)
11. Anthony Laffor (Mamelodi Sundowns)