Cape Town - After an unexpected six day fixture schedule, Tashreeq Vardien finally gets to choose Sport24's PSL Team of the Week.
See all the PSL result's HERE!
See ALL the next round PSL fixtures!
PSL Team of the Week 1
1. Ronwen Williams (SuperSport United) – After a 16-hour encounter the shot stopper kept his composure and made a brilliant double save to hand Gordon Igesund a 1-0 victory over Pirates.
2. Denwin Farmer (SuperSport United) – Solid debut for the 18-year-old. He had the likes of Bongani Khumalo and Boxall alongside him to guide him throughout their Pirates encounter - defended well against Tendai Ndoro, who was always asking questions but dealt with it in great football fashion.
3. Michael Boxall (SuperSport United) – The New Zealand international displayed a much better than that of his pre-season clashes against Crystal Palace - looks a good fit with Khumalo at the top on United’s spine and does a neat moonwalk celebration as well.
4. Thulani Hlatshwayo (Bidvest Wits) – 'Tyson' is continuing where he left off last season. The defender is a key component of Wits having any chance at nabbing the PSL title from the top four.
5. Abbubaker Mobara (Ajax Cape Town) – The 21-year-old has come out saying that he will take any opportunity to leave the Urban Warriors. A goal to his name so far and with a few weeks of the transfer window to go, the defender might just have his wish come true.
6. Jabu Maluleke (Polokwane City) – With a goal and an assist, there is no denying that Jabu deserves his Sport24 recognition - energetic performance by the midfielder.
7. Sibusiso Vilakazi (Bidvest Wits) – Wits have all the components to vie for the PSL title and Vilakazi is one of those intricate components. The forward got a goal to his name which increases his price tag automatically. Kaizer Chiefs are too sniffing around the University hoping to lure him to Naturena.
8. Elias Pelembe (Bidvest Wits) – Seems to be enjoying himself already at the Clever Boys. A goal and an assist on debut, clearly he is not missing Chloorkop.
9. Rodney Ramagalela (Golden Arrows) – His lone goal signalled three points for Serame Letsoaka’s side. His on-field combination with Mwape Musonda and Mabhuti Khenyeza could spark a top eight finish – early days though.
10. Lerato Lamola (Bloemfontein Celtic) – The forward continuing where he left things last season, scoring goals and more goals.
11. Bhongolethu Jayiya (MP Black Aces) – His lone goal gave Aces a hard earned victory against Free State Stars.