Absa Premiership

Nyadombo: Players share the blame

2014-10-16 11:30
Carlington Nyadombo (Supplied)
Carlington Nyadombo (Supplied)
Cape Town - AmaZulu captain Carlington Nyadombo admits that the players do feel some responsibility for the axing of Craig Rosslee as coach.

The 44-year-old was relieved of his duties on Wednesday after nearly two weeks of gardening leave, with assistant coach Wilfred Mugeyi placed in temporary charge.

"It's very sad that he's left the club," Nyadombo said. "Changing coaches, especially when you are very down, is not easy. To come back is very tough, but we have to deal with it and strive to improve the position of the club.

"I think we have been our own enemies, it's just the attitude that has been bad. We've had a meeting about it and we're ready to move forward now."

Fellow countryman Mugeyi has been in charge since of training while Rosslee has been on leave and even oversaw their first win of the season in a Telkom Knockout last-16 clash against Bloemfontein Celtic on October 3.

Nyadombo has backed the assistant coach to get the club out of their current slump. They are bottom of the Premiership table and remain the only club without a win.

"It's up to us as players to make him a good coach because we are the ones that are playing," the defender added. "He can only do 10 percent of the job, the other 90 percent is us as the players.

"But I think he has a great chance to succeed."

Read more on:    amazulu  |  psl  |  craig rosslee  |  soccer
NEXT ON SPORT24X

What To Read Next

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Fixtures
Friday, 19 January 2018
Wits v Bloemfontein Celtic, Bidvest Stadium 20:00
Saturday, 20 January 2018
Cape Town City FC v Ajax Cape Town, Cape Town Stadium 15:30
Free State Stars v Maritzburg United, Goble Park 15:30
Mamelodi Sundowns v Platinum Stars, Loftus Versfeld Stadium 18:00
AmaZulu FC v SuperSport United, King Zwelithini Stadium 20:15
Orlando Pirates v Polokwane City, Orlando Stadium 20:15
Sunday, 21 January 2018
Chippa United v Golden Arrows, Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium 15:30
Baroka FC v Kaizer Chiefs, Peter Mokaba Stadium 15:30
Logs
Team P W PTS
Previous Results

Date Home Team Result Away Team
Vote

Do you think SAFA made the right choice in appointing Stuart Baxter as head coach of Bafana Bafana?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...

Featured

The 2017/18 Absa Premiership season is under way. Can Bidvest Wits defend their title? Will Soweto giants Kaizer Chiefs or Orlando Pirates emerge victorious? Or will the bookies' favourites, Mamelodi Sundowns, taste success for a record eighth time? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.