Johannesburg - Pitso Mosimane has received the backing of Mamelodi Sundowns president Patrice Motsepe after the businessman issued warning to ‘Downs fans.
According to KickOff, Motsepe has warned The Brazilians supporters to show respect to Mosimane following their poor start to the new season.
“We are not going to tolerate any lack of discipline and lack of respect to the coach,” said Motsepe.
“The statement that was issued by the club is absolutely correct and I am 100 percent behind it.”
The statement said the following via Sundowns official website:
"Mamelodi Sundowns have slammed the behavior of a section of supporters during and after the league match against Maritzburg United at Loftus Stadium.
• The Club is embarrassed by the behaviour of a minority of supporters
• This sort of behaviour brings the club into disrepute
• This has a negative and destabilising effect on our players
• The Club has undertaken a process of identifying those individuals who are guilty of misbehaviour which also infringes Club Rules and Constitution
• The Club will take disciplinary action against those supporters including banning them from attending Sundowns matches.”
Motsepe went on by saying that whether Sundowns win silverware or not it will be “okay” as long as they do their best.
“They must do their best, whether we win silverware this year it's okay.”
“We had to wait for many years and so we can also wait, it’s okay."