Johannesburg - Ajax Cape Town striker Mabhuti Khenyeza will again appear in front of the Premier Soccer League’s disciplinary committee on Friday to answer serious charges that could see him banned for a lengthy period.
According to the supersport.com website, the 30-year-old forward has already had two hearings into the charges postponed but his club expect a ruling could be made on the eve of their last Absa Premiership match of the season at home to Lamontville Golden Arrows at the Athlone Stadium in Cape Town.
Khenyeza has been charged with insulting and assaulting a match official by swearing at spitting at him.
It refers to the incident with linesman Zakhele Siwela after Khenyeza was sent off against Mamelodi Sundowns in early April.
If found guilty, Khenyeza faces a ban of up to a year even though he has already served a two match suspension for the red card he received, which provoked the incident.
Ajax coach Muhsin Ertugral said he was aware of the possibility that Khenyeza might not be allowed to play against Arrows, his former club.
“But I don’t have a plan B in my head for that possibility. We’ll just have to see what happens.”
The case was originally set for May 2 but postponed because Ajax said they had not received adequate notification of the hearing.
A second hearing last week was postponed because television evidence was called for but not available at the time.