Cape Town - Orlando Pirates duo Kermit Erasmus and Felipe Ovono have been named on a 10-man shortlist for the African Player of the Year (Based in Africa) 2015.
Striker Erasmus and goalkeeper Ovono are the only representatives from South Africa, with CAF Champions League finalists TP Mazembe boasting three nominations.
The Bucs duo have cracked the nod after helping Pirates secure a place in the CAF Confederation Cup final with a string of impressive performances.
According to the CAF website, "The winner will be decided by votes of the Coaches or Technical Directors of the National Associations affiliated to CAF."
African Player of the Year - Based in Africa
1. Abdeladim Khadrouf (Morocco & Moghreb Tetouan)
2. Baghdad Bounedjah ( Algeria & Etoile du Sahel)
3. Felipe Ovono (Equatorial Guinea & Orlando Pirates)
4. Kermit Erasmus (South Africa & Orlando Pirates)
5. Mbwana Aly Samatta (Tanzania & TP Mazembe)
6. Mohamed Meftah ( Algeria & USM Alger)
7. Mudather Eltaib Ibrahim 'Karika' (Sudan & El Hilal)
8. Robert Kidiaba Muteba ( DR Congo & TP Mazembe)
9. Roger Assalé (Cote d'Ivoire & TP Mazembe)
10. Zineddine Ferhat (Algeria & USM Alger)
The awards gala will be held in Abuja, Nigeria on 7 January 2016.