Cape Town – Kaizer Chiefs added the cherry on top to their PSL crown after claiming the fourth quarter of the Q-Innovation log, pipping Free State Stars to the R1.5 million prize money.
Read: Baxter laughs off muthi claims
The 2014/15 season has been ground breaking for Kaizer Chiefs, who on their way to the PSL crown, broke three records.
Firstly, the Amakhosi went on a 19-game unbeaten streak, the side then claimed the most league wins (21) after brushing Chippa United aside in their last PSL clash before ending the season with a record points tally (69 points).
This is the Glamour Boys second Q-Innovation win after Stuart Baxter's side won the first quarter - for the first eight games of the season.
PSL CEO, Brand de Villiers saluted
the Absa Premiership champions, Kaizer Chiefs: “As we close the curtain to what
has been an impressive 2014/15 Absa Premiership season, we must also send our
congratulations to Kaizer Chiefs – a side that has showed consistency
throughout this campaign. Kaizer Chiefs led the log standings from start to finish
and this has been rewarded not only with the R10 million cheque for winning the
Absa Premiership but also the R3 million for winning the two quarters.”
Absa Premiership Q-Innovation Facts:
- Mamelodi Sundowns claimed the third instalment of the Q-innovation this season
- Kaizer Chiefs won Absa Premiership Quarter 1
- Polokwane City, under Kosta Papic, claimed Quarter Two top honours during the 2014/15 season
- Each side that wins a Quarter gets R1,5 million in prize money
- Quarter One (8 Fixtures), Quarter Two (7 Fixtures), Quarter Three (8 Fixtures), Quarter Four (7 Fixtures)