Johannesburg - Following the much publicised reports regarding the Kaizer Chiefs striker, Kingston Nkatha’s move to SuperSport United over the weekend, the Amakhosi spokesperson Vina Maphosa says the club will not get into talks regarding the Zimbabwean’s alleged move.
Matsatsantsa released a media statement on the their website claiming to have acquired the services of the 29-year-old striker with effect from July 1, but the player denied the reports stating that nothing has been finalised between the two parties.
Speaking exclusively to Sport24 on Tuesday, Maphosa said the only team with all answers to the confusions is the Pretoria based outfit.
“No my man, it’s always good to talk about the transfer matters but it’s not my place to talk about this move.” Maphosa told Sport24.
“The right institution to talk to regarding this is SuperSport United, not Kaizer Chiefs.
“Because they are the ones who released a statement about signing Kingston Nkatha, not us.
“We can only confirm or decline on the news which we have publicly announced.
“As far as the Kingston Nkatha and SuperSport United deal is concerned, am sure SuperSport will give you the detailed information.”
It is the second time the Pretoria giants publicly announcing the signing of a player without the second party’s agreement.
Matsatsantsa also claimed, early last year, to have acquired the signature of Lehlohonolo Majoro, who later went on to join Orlando Pirates.
It remains to be seen where the Zimbabwean international will be next season.