Cape Town - PSL Senior Officer Ronnie Schloss handed over the cheque to Kaizer Chiefs for winning the fourth quarter of the Q-Innovation.
Read: Match-fixing claims hits PSL - reports
According to club's official website, Amakhosi banked 18 points from the seven games in the Fourth Quarter, after notching up six wins.
Free State Stars came closest to pipping Chiefs from the lucrative first prize but fell two points short. Bidvest Wits came third with 12 points.
This is the second Q-Innovation prize that Chiefs managed to win this season, having already won Quarter One.
The prize money for each quarter is R1.5 million.
Absa Premiership Q-Innovation Facts:
- Mamelodi Sundowns claimed the third instalment of the Q-innovation this season
- Kaizer Chiefs won Absa Premiership Quarter 1
- Polokwane City, under Kosta Papic, claimed Quarter Two top honours during the 2014/15 season
- Each side that wins a Quarter gets R1.5m in prize money
- Quarter One (8 Fixtures), Quarter Two (7 Fixtures), Quarter Three (8 Fixtures), Quarter Four (7 Fixtures)