International

Dybala becomes 3rd Juventus star to contract coronavirus

2020-03-21 22:46
Paulo Dybala.(Getty Images)

Argentina striker Paulo Dybala said on Saturday that he has become the third Juventus player to test positive for coronavirus.

"Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that we have received the Covid-19 test results and that Oriana (Sabatini, his girlfriend) and I are positive," the 26-year-old tweeted.

"Fortunately, we are perfectly fine. Thank you for your messages."

Italian champions Juventus said that Dybala had been self-isolating since on Wednesday.

"He will continue to be monitored. He is well and is asymptomatic," said the club in a statement.

Team-mates Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi have also tested positive for the disease which has claimed almost 800 lives in the country.

Read more on:    juventus  |  paulo dybala  |  coronavirus  |  soccer

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2019/20 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
Vote

After Stuart Baxter stepped down as Bafana Bafana head coach, who would you like to see take over?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.