Hannover - A bomb threat which forced Germany's friendly against the
Netherlands to be cancelled on Tuesday will have an impact on security at
Bundesliga grounds, says German FA president Reinhard Rauball.
"My impression is that football in Germany has taken a
different turn in many facets," said Rauball. "This is a sad day for
Germany's interior minister, Thomas de Maiziere, took the
decision to call off the international friendly, based on a "concrete
threat", two hours before kick-off in Hanover.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel was rushed back to Berlin,
and thousands of fans had to be evacuated from the stadium.
Both the German and Dutch team buses were turned back, as
they were five minutes from the stadium when the game was called off.
Despite a thorough search, no explosives were found at the
German national football federation DFB co-interim president
Reinhard Rauball addresses journalists at a press conference after the friendly
football match Germany vs Netherlands was called off for 'security reasons' in
Hanover on November 17, 2015
The German team had already been shaken after spending last
Friday night in the Stade de France as their international friendly took place
during scenes of violence across Paris.
"The fact that our team has had to experience such
tragic events within four days is beyond my imagination," said Rauball in
a hastily-arranged press conference in Hanover.
Bert van Oostveen, director of the Dutch FA, said: "It
is very sad for our society, after... Paris and previous terrorist attacks, to
need to be so alarmed as they were today.
"Our players and our team need to process the events of