The Belgian Pro League said on Monday it had again deferred a decision on whether to end a season in limbo because of the coronavirus pandemic.
After a general meeting, the league announced that the decision had been put back until 4 May.
The board of directors of the Pro League recommended on 2 April that the league be declared over, but this needed to be approved at a general meeting. One was scheduled for 15 April and then postponed first until 24 April and then to Monday.
The Pro League and the Belgian football federation said they want to know the position of the government before making a final decision.
A resumption seems impossible, however, as the Belgian government has banned all mass gatherings until 31 August, and a match even behind closed doors would mobilise at least 400 people, according to the Belgian football federation.
If the league is declared over, leaders Club Brugge would be declared champions with 11 matches unplayed.