International

Valcke denies 'fabricated' allegations

2015-09-18 07:28
Jerome Valcke (AFP Photo)

New York - Jerome Valcke denies "fabricated and outrageous" allegations that led to his suspension as FIFA secretary general, his US-based lawyer said in a statement Thursday.

"Jerome Valcke unequivocally denies the fabricated and outrageous accusations by Benny Alon of alleged wrongdoing in connection with the sale of World Cup tickets," a statement from New York attorney Barry Berke said.

Valcke, 54, had been accused of taking kickbacks by Alon over a deal with FIFA to sell tickets for the 2014 World Cup.

However his laywer's statement said Valcke "never received or agreed to accept any money or anything else of value from Mr Alon."

"As has been reported, FIFA entered into an agreement with Mr Alon's company, JB Sports Marketing," the statement said.

"That agreement and FIFA's subsequent business dealings with Mr Alon were vetted and approved by FIFA and its legal counsel."

Read more on:    fifa  |  jerome valcke  |  soccer

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
Vote

After Stuart Baxter stepped down as Bafana Bafana head coach, who would you like to see take over?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.