English Premiership

Roma won't up the offer for Mahrez

2017-08-14 19:06
Riyad Mahrez (TEAMtalk)

Cape Town - Roma sporting director Monchi says the Serie A side will not raise their club-record bid for Riyad Mahrez after being turned down three times by Leicester.

An offer of £31.8m was reportedly most recently rejected by the Foxes for their Algerian attacker, who has been looking for a new challenge away from the King Power Stadium.

Just last week Monchi remained confident of sealing a deal for the former Le Havre man, but he has since declared that any deal now is up to Leicester, although it is unlikely to happen with Mahrez playing in the 4-3 defeat to Arsenal on Friday.

He said: "In the last press conference I said we had bid what we believe to be a fair offer, which is also the biggest in the club's history.

"We won't bid again. We've conducted ourselves in the right way by talking to Leicester City. Now the ball is in their court.

"We're waiting for an answer. We're working on other options but we're relaxed given our squad is 90% complete."

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk
Breaking News

Logs
Team P W PTS
Previous Results

Date Home Team Result Away Team
Vote

Who will claim the Premier League title at the end of the 2018/19 season?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.