London - With
one of the most remarkable Premier League seasons having come to an end
on Sunday, here are 10 of the best quotes from a crazy campaign:
"I can't describe it. I think someone must have put a spell on me to make it happen."
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy drinks in his side's fairytale title success
"He hasn't got a case. Just send him the video. They're
prehistoric comments and I don't know what era he's in. Three or four of
my players don't drink. Perhaps he meant Coca-Cola. It's nonsense."
- Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew takes exception to Sunderland
counterpart Sam Allardyce's prediction that the London side would not be
competitive against Newcastle United because they would have "been on
the pop" after reaching the FA Cup final
"It is unbelievable! We have driven around in circles. It is unbelievable that you cannot drive to where you need to be."
- Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, after traffic congestion
meant kick-off in his team's 3-0 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur was delayed
by 30 minutes
"I watched 'The Simpsons Movie' the other day and I saw Homer
do it, and I thought it looked hilarious, so (I thought) I'll do it if I
- West Ham United's Michail Antonio reveals the inspiration behind
his curious spinning-on-floor goal celebration after netting the winner
in a 1-0 victory over Sunderland
"We have to admire art and they have two or three players that transform normal life into art."
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger hails Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and
Neymar after his team were knocked out of the Champions League by
"It is not in the books that somebody has to grab with the
hair and pull from behind. Only in sex masochism, then it is allowed."
- Van Gaal gets kinky in his attempt to defend Marouane Fellaini
after his midfielder elbowed Robert Huth in response to the Leicester
defender pulling the Belgian's hair
"From the beginning, when something was wrong, I said 'Dilly-ding, dilly-dong, wake up!' during training sessions."
- Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri adds a new entry to England's football lexicon as he explains how he focuses his players
"I don't want to describe myself. I'm a totally normal guy. I came from the Black Forest. I'm the Normal One."
- Jurgen Klopp humbly introduces himself to Liverpool, echoing Jose Mourinho's description of himself as a "Special One"
"I feel my work is betrayed. I identified four movements where
Leicester score a lot of their goals and in two of the four situations I
identified, they scored their goals."
- Mourinho takes a swipe at his underperforming Chelsea players after
a 2-1 defeat at Leicester, which was to be the final match before his
"It is important to finish the story like an American movie. Always in the end it is OK. There is a happy ending."
- Ranieri closes in on glory with Leicester