Chelsea attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi said on Friday he hopes to return soon after confirming that he has fully recovered after contracting the coronavirus.
It was confirmed by the club on Thursday that the 19-year-old had tested positive for the virus after displaying symptoms, with Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta also testing positive.
The Premier League was thrown into chaos as Brighton confirmed that their upcoming weekend fixture against the Gunners was postponed with Arsenal players and staff under quarantine.
Chelsea's players and coaching staff were also ordered into isolation with their fixture against Aston Villa thrown into doubt.
Hudson-Odoi thanked fans for their well-wishes while confirming in a video that he had recovered fully.
The league will hold emergency talks on Friday "regarding future fixtures" in light of the pandemic, which has shut down football and other sports around the world.
Hudson-Odoi, 19, is the first Premier League player confirmed to have the virus. He displayed cold symptoms on Monday morning and has stayed away from the club since then.
"Chelsea personnel who had recent close contact with the player in the men's team building will now self-isolate in line with government health guidelines," a club statement said.
"These will include initially the full men's team squad, coaching staff and a number of backroom staff."
Arsenal's training ground has been closed and their players and staff have gone into self-isolation following Arteta's positive test.
"This is really disappointing but I took the test after feeling poorly. I will be at work as soon as I'm allowed," Arteta said.
- Compiled by Baden Gillion