Manchester - Here are five of Jose Mourinho's most notable quotes from his first press conference as Manchester United manager on Tuesday:
- "I was in trouble for the last five months: the first month (at Chelsea) was fine, the second month was not so good and after the second month it was a disaster." - Mourinho on the troubled end to his second Chelsea spell last season.
- "There are some managers that the last time they won a title was 10 years ago. Some of them the last time they won a title was never. The last time I won a title was one year ago, not 10 years ago or 15 years ago so if I have a lot to prove, imagine the others." - the 'Special One' taking a dig at his rivals, notably Arsene Wenger.
- "Manchester United for many years success was just routine and in this moment the last three years are to forget. I want the players to forget. I don't want the players to think we have to do better and finish fourth. Finishing fourth is not the aim." - Mourinho geeing his troops up to say we will be contenders again and forget the years of underachievement under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal.
- "To speak about one manager (Pep Guardiola), one club, one enemy I don't think it is right. In the Premier League it doesn't make sense at all. If you focus on one opponent, the others will be laughing so I am not going to be part of it." - Mourinho trying to dispel the notion the antipathy felt from his time as Real Madrid coach against then Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, and now the Manchester City manager, will continue.
- "You know how many young players I promoted to the first team from academies? 49. Some of them are big names, they are Champions League winners in the Euros, playing for national teams. One lie repeated many times sometimes looks true but it will never be true." - Mourinho replying to the oft-levelled accusation he sacrifices promising young talent at his clubs to sign big names instead and farms them out to other clubs.