English Premiership

Everton's Besic out for six months

2016-08-05 12:45
Muhamed Besic (Gallo Images)

Cape Town - Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic could be sidelined for up to six months after suffering a suspected knee injury during Wayne Rooney's testimonial at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old, whose time at the club has been dogged by hamstring problems, appeared to be finding some form and impressed with a goal against MK Dons last month.

However, he lasted just 10 minutes of this match after coming on as a substitute, and was withdrawn with what appeared to be a knee injury.

Initial reports coming out of Bosnia, from the player's father, were not positive, and now the player himself has said he could miss the first half of the new Premier League season.

Besic's father told sportske.ba: "I spoke with Muhammad. He was disappointed and just crushed because of the injury.

"He had good began preparations, but unfortunately no luck. I believe it will recover soon, God willing."

Besic has since announced on his official Twitter account that he won't be back in action any time soon.

"6 months out! #devastated," he revealed on the social media platform.

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk
Breaking News

Vote

Who will claim the Premier League title at the end of the 2018/19 season?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.