Manchester - Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart signed a new contract on Friday which will keep him with the Premier League champions until 2019.
City manager Manuel Pellegrini had revealed earlier this month that talks with Hart were approaching a successful conclusion and the England international has now been rewarded with an improved deal.
The 27-year-old has reestablished himself as City's number one over the past year after being dropped by Pellegrini for a short spell following a series of errors in the first half of last season.
"I'm really happy, I've been here a long time now and I want to keep that going," Hart told City's official website.
Hart, who joined City in a $938 400 move from Shrewsbury Town in 2006, made his breakthrough during a loan spell at Birmingham City in 2009/10 and returned to City to supplant Shay Given as first choice the following season.
He has since helped City win two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and League Cup in his 276 appearances for the club.
Hart is the latest City star to extend his stay at Eastlands following Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Aleksandar Kolarov, Samir Nasri and David Silva.
"The new deal means I get to stay longer - the club's doing amazing things at the moment, we've created history and we want to keep doing that," said Hart, whose second-placed side face Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Saturday.
"Wanting to stay here was never going to be an issue for me - I've loved every moment since I joined.
"The club's growing and I've been really lucky to be part of the ride.
"I just want to keep winning with the team and keep developing. A lot of the boys have signed long-term deals, so we're building as a squad and I think that quite a few of us have been here for a long time now.
"We're enjoying building that winning mentality, how the club is growing around us and how we need to grow along with it."