Cape Town - A Daily Mail report confirms that Manchester United is the most supported club in the city of Manchester with a whopping 94.57% of football shirts bought in Manchester belong to the city's red team.
The Red Devils refer to their cross-town rivals as their "noisy neighbours" while the Citizens poke fun at the city's boundary lines claiming "We are the only true team from Manchester".
The Daily Mail article, which relies on Sports Direct sales figures, sets out where the top English Premiership clubs sell the most of their replica shirts.
While 94.57% of Manchester's football population buy United and not City shirts, the majority of the clubs (both of them) are sold in London.
FIVE facts from the shirt sales:
1. London is the number one city when it comes to shirt sales of both Manchester giants, as Londoners buy 44.71% of United shirts and account for 27.95% of City's shirt sales.
2. Arsenal are the pride of London, with fans from the nation's capital buying Arsenal shirts (47.35%), then Chelsea (35.2%) and Spurs are third (17.45%).
3. Dublin (Ireland) lead the way for shirt sales of English Premiership club Aston Villa.
4. Bristol sells more Liverpool shirts than Liverpool itself with London, Dublin (Ireland), Bristol and then Liverpool being the top four regions for Reds shirt sales.
5. And now for a fact you would never believe...4.87% of Liverpool shirt sales occur in Manchester and 4.55% of Manchester United shirts are bought in Liverpool.
Bonus 6th fact:
6. Fijnaart, a small village of just 5 500 in Holland, buy the third most City shirts with an incredible 12.60% while the same town also rank inside the Top 10 cities for Manchester United sales (8th on 4.04%).
And now for an African perspective:
Lagos, Nigeria buys the second most Chelsea jerseys after London itself.