Cape Town - Arsenal's five-match unbeaten run was brought to an end after Sheffield United went on to beat the Londoner's 1-0 courtesy of a lone Lys Mousset first-half goal.
Unai Emery’s charges looked lethargic throughout the 90-minutes as they failed to unlock Sheffield’s plucky defence at a loud Bramall Lane on Monday night.
The win sees Sheffield break into the top half of the Premier League table (9th) while Arsenal are stagnant at fifth position.
Arsenal will return to action on Thursday in the Europa League against Vitoria SC before entertaining Crystal Palace on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Sheffield travel to the London Stadium on Saturday for a clash against West Ham.
8 KEY STATISTICS:
- Sheffield United have won consecutive top-flight matches against Arsenal for the first time since October 1964.
- Arsenal have played more Premier League games at Bramall Lane without victory than they have any other ground in the competition (4 – D2 L2).
- Arsenal have lost four of their last seven Premier League away games against newly promoted sides (W3), as many defeats as in their previous 49 (W33 D12 L4).
- Three of the 10 bookings for diving in the Premier League this season have been awarded by Mike Dean (30%), with no other referee issuing more than one this campaign.
- Since the start of last season, Arsenal have been shown more cards for diving than any other Premier League team (7).
- 13 of Jack O'Connell's last 14 goal involvements in the league for Sheffield United have come at Bramall Lane, including each of his last eight (3 goals, 5 assists).
- Sheffield United’s Dean Henderson has kept 25 clean sheets in the league since the start of last season; more than any other goalkeeper in England's top four tiers.
- Sheffield United’s Lys Mousset has scored two goals in six Premier League appearances this season (1 start, 5 sub apps), one more than he registered in 24 games for Bournemouth in 2018-19 (1 start, 23 sub apps).
Statistics courtesy of opta
- Compiled by Tashreeq Vardien