Cape Town - Monaco starlet Kylian Mbappe was elated with his performance during his side's 3-2 victory over Borussia Dortmund in their Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday.
The 18-year-old Mbappe scored twice as the Ligue 1 side claimed the ascendancy in the tie, which was played against the backdrop of the attack on the Dortmund team boss on Tuesday.
While Mbappe wrote his name into the record books by becoming the youngest player to score a brace in the history of the competition, he admitted the incident the day before caused panic within the Monaco camp.
"We have suffered all through what has happened," Mbappe told L'Equipe. "We heard there was an explosion, then more news. We worried, we feared the worst.
"I tried to call Ousmane (Dembele) he explained the situation to me. I told him I was with him and his team, that we were all together.
"I do not wish to live through that with anyone again. The players were touched by what happened, very touched.
"We are all with Bartra. We know that it is difficult for him, as for all the players of Dortmund.
"It is destabilising but we are professionals, we must get accustomed to everything, even in the most extreme conditions. Today was extreme, and we tried to get to the level of a quarter-final of Champions League."
Coming back into Leonardo Jardim's XI after spending two games kicking his heels on the bench, Mbappe was delighted to make the most of the opportunity.
"I wanted to make a big game, knowing that I had been 'left on the sidelines' in the last two games," he added.
"The coach told me that it was part of the rotation, I accepted it. I wanted to show that I can bring something to the team, and I think I showed it.
"We are very happy because we made a big impact. I've always been like that. I try to just be myself. I see that it bears fruit, so I try to continue, while working hard."