Dortmund - Spain international Marc Bartra underwent wrist surgery on Tuesday after being injured when the Borussia Dortmund team bus was rocked by a series of explosions that forced the postponement of their Champions League match against Monaco.
Dortmund's press spokesperson confirmed the 26-year-old Bartra needed an operation on his right wrist. Other Dortmund players were said to be "shocked" but safe after the attack.
The match, a quarter-final first leg, was called off and rescheduled for Wednesday.
Mass-selling German newspaper Bild reported in its online edition that explosive devices were placed in a bush by the road along which the bus was travelling.
"The explosive devices were placed outside the bus. Several windows were broken," police spokesperson Gunnar Wortmann was quoted as saying.
In a statement, Dortmund police said earlier that they could not say "exactly what the explosion was or exactly where something exploded".
"According to what is currently known, the windows of the bus were (entirely or partly) smashed and one person was injured," Dortmund police said, adding that the incident happened in Hoechsten, located outside the city.