London - Manchester City star Carlos Tevez was hit with a £1 million fine on Tuesday following the angry bust-up during the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich, the Premier League club announced.
A statement from City said Tevez - widely reported to be earning £250 000 per week - had been fined four weeks' wages following his refusal to play during the club's 2-0 defeat at the Allianz Arena.
The Argentinian international, who has not played for City since the bust-up, was also given a two-week suspension which has been deemed to have already been served and a written warning over his future conduct, the club said.
City said in a statement Tevez had breached five regulations including "an obligation to participate in any matches in which the player is selected to play for the club when directed by a club official."
Furious City manager Roberto Mancini had accused Tevez of refusing to appear as a substitute when called upon during the Bayern game on September 27.
The Italian manager said the striker was "finished" at the club and would never play for him again.
Tevez insisted the incident was a misunderstanding, saying he had merely refused to warm-up, claiming he had already done so.
Tevez was promptly suspended for two weeks pending a club investigation which concluded last week.
"Following a detailed investigation and associated hearing, a disciplinary panel has upheld the charge of misconduct," City said.
"Five separate breaches of contract formed the basis of the decision by the panel.
"As a result Carlos Tevez has been fined four weeks’ wages and has been suspended for a period of two weeks (deemed to have already been served).
"He has received a written warning as to his future conduct."
Tevez has 14 days to decide whether to lodge an appeal to the club's board of directors.