Bafana Bafana

Ncobo reveals why IEC pulled out of SAFA elective congress

2018-03-14 14:20
Ace Ncobo (Gallo Images)

Cape Town - South African Football Association (SAFA) presidential candidate Ace Ncobo has revealed the Independent Electoral Committee's (IEC) letter regarding their refusal to conduct the football body's Presidency Elective Congress.

The IEC refused SAFA's request to conduct the elective congress as it is in conflict with the provisions of the SAFA statutes together with SAFA electoral code.

Ncobo feels FIFA should put SAFA under administration for the code of conduct the association has breached over the years.

"One of the strictest articles in the FIFA statutes is that you must exhaust all the internal remedies that are available to you before you enter the courts‚" he said addressing the media at FNB Stadium on Tuesday.

"We have consistently kept within the parameters of those prescripts and having written to FIFA means that we have exhausted all the internal remedies that are available to us.

"We await a response from FIFA whether or not they will implement the provisions of Section G as I have outlined it‚” he said‚ adding that the matter may ultimately end up in court.

"Should FIFA fail to deal with this matter in terms of Section G‚ we will have no choice but to escalate the war because there is an election at FIFA next year and current president Gianni Infantino will be seeking re-election.

"When we go to court it will not be against SAFA‚ it will be against FIFA for not implementing its statutes."

The former Premier Soccer League referee and general manager received a single vote against Jordaan's 52 votes during the presidency nominations last week.

However, Ncobo revealed that he had received more nominations and that the number SAFA disclosed misled the public.

"First of all, the statues say the number of nominations should not be disclosed," Ncobo said, according to the IOL website.

"I therefore cannot say that and then reveal how many I got, but I will confirm that I signed several nomination forms, not just one."

Ncobo revealed that he will be serving SAFA with an interdict.

The following images were taken off Ace Ncobo's official Twitter account:

Page 1/2: The letter IEC issued to SAFA Chief Executive Officer Dennis Mumble.

Page 2/2: The letter IEC issued to SAFA Chief Executive Officer Dennis Mumble.

The official interdict document Ncobo revealed on Twitter.

Read more on:    safa  |  ace ncobo  |  danny jordaan  |  soccer
NEXT ON SPORT24X

What To Read Next

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Vote

Do you think SAFA made the right choice in appointing Stuart Baxter as head coach of Bafana Bafana?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2017/18 Absa Premiership season has wrapped up. For all the season highlights - and lowlights - be sure to visit Sport24!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.