Lambie responds to French 'rumours'
Cape Town - Springbok and Sharks flyhalf Pat Lambie has responded to a report linking him with a move to France.
This comes after French rugby newspaper Midi Olympique reported that Lambie had agreed to a three-year deal with Top 14 club Racing 92.
After the news was reported by several media outlets on Monday, Lambie took to Twitter to respond.
While not exactly denying the move, Lambie said he needed to be cleared to return to play before making any decisions regarding his future.
Lambie is struggling with ongoing concussion symptoms and unlikely to play rugby again this year.
The Bok pivot's future in the game was cast in doubt when he was concussed in a May 13 clash against the Southern Kings.
That followed the sickening blow he received from Ireland flank CJ Stander last June - a knock that kept him out for more than five months.
Lambie, however, earlier this month insisted he would return to the game.
In his tweet posted on Monday, Lambie added an article link to a Sharks medical report regarding his fitness which was posted on July 6.
In the report, Lambie said: "I will be playing rugby again and I certainly have no plans to retire. My focus for now is purely on making a full recovery and getting fit and strong again. Once the three-month rest period has been completed, I will be reassessed to determine where we are in terms of the rugby calendar for the rest of the 2017 season.”
The 26-year-old Lambie boasts 56 Test caps for the Springboks, the last of which came against Wales in Cardiff last November.