Cape Town - Springbok veteran Duane Vermeulen says he is hoping for a call-up to the national side from coach Allister Coetzee in the next couple of weeks.
Having last represented the Boks in last year's home June series against Ireland, Vermeulen has struggled with injury for most of 2017 and Coetzee said in Johannesburg last week that the No 8 specialist still wasn't ready to take part in the end-of-year tour.
But, in an interview with SARugbymag.co.za, the 31-year-old says he is feeling fit and strong and that he is fully committed to representing the Boks whenever he is called upon.
"I'm confident that I can add value in a side that is pretty thin in the back row at the moment," Vermeulen told the website.
"I want to get back into the mix as soon as possible. I’m ready and willing. If I don’t get the call (this November), then I will keep working to become the best version of myself.
"I will play tighthead prop if they need me to, but my goal is to push for that No 8 position and to compete against guys like Billy Vunipola and Kieran Read on the Test stage."
Vermeulen confirmed that there had been no contact from SA Rugby since his recent return from injury.
He will be returning to South Africa for a few days this week and, given the fact he is contracted to Toulon and that the December 2 Test against Wales falls outside of the international window, he will be unavailable for the Boks for that match.