Springbok flyhalf Handre Pollard is reportedly set to top rugby's rich list heading into the 2020/21 European season.
This is according to a list compiled by the prestigious Wales Online website.
Pollard, who plies his trade at French club Montpellier, shares top spot with New Zealand centre Charles Piutau, who plays for the Bristol Bears in England. The duo will reportedly be on a £1 million (€1.1 million/R23.5 million) package.
The only other South African on the 15-man list is Springbok scrumhalf Faf de Klerk, who plays for the Sale Sharks in England and will earn £500 000 (R11.8 million).
The list, however, does not include some of the game's highest-paid players who are about to see their big-money contracts expire without playing again due to the Covid-19 pandemic. All Blacks legend Dan Carter and former Wallabies star Matt Giteau were on around £1.1 million deals in Japan.
Register your interest for the British & Irish Lions tickets in South Africa 2021
Rugby's rich list (heading into 2020-21 season):
1 = Handre Pollard (South Africa/Montpellier)
£1 million (€1.1 million/R23.5 million)
1 = Charles Piutau (New Zealand/Bristol Bears)
£1 million (NZ$2 million)
3. Maro Itoje (England/Saracens)
4. Owen Farrell (England/Saracens)
5. Steven Luatua (New Zealand/Bristol Bears)
6. Dan Biggar (Wales/Northampton Saints)
7 = Nicolas Sanchez (Argentina/Stade Français)
7 = Morgan Parra (France/Clermont)
9. Michael Hooper (Australia/Waratahs)
10 = Stuart Hogg (Scotland/Exeter Chiefs)
10 = Manu Tuilagi (England/Leicester Tigers)
12. Johnny Sexton (Ireland/Leinster)
13. Finn Russell (Scotland/Racing 92)
14. Beauden Barrett (New Zealand/Blues)
15. Faf de Klerk (South Africa/Sale Sharks)
£500 000 (R11.8 million)
- Compiled by Sport24 staff