Cape Town - 15 stats and facts ahead of Saturday's France v Springboks Test in Paris.
Kick-off is at 22:00.
· The total number of Test caps in the
Springbok starting line-up is 411 - 86 in the backline and 325 among the
forwards, with a further 143 on the bench
· The average caps per player in the backline is 12, the forwards 41 while the players on the bench average 18
· The average age of the starting XV is 26
· Tendai Mtawarira will extend his record as the
most-capped Springbok prop to 97. He is the third most experienced Springbok
forward, behind Victor Matfield (127) and John Smit (111)
· Handré Pollard needs 12 points to reach 200
points in Tests for South Africa.
· Elton Jantjies needs two conversions to equal
Henry Honiball’s career record of 12 conversions (in four Test matches) against
France. It will be Jantjies’ fourth Test against France, should he be used as a
· Dan du Preez is set make his Springbok debut
should he be used as a substitute, in which case he will be Springbok number
· Together with his twin brother, Jean-Luc, they
would be the 33rd set of Springbok brothers, and only the second set
of Springbok twins.
· Together with their father Robert du Preez
senior, they will become the first set of father with two Springbok sons.
· Stade de France is situated north of Paris in
Saint-Denis and was opened in January, 1998. The seating capacity of 81 338
makes it the sixth largest stadium in Europe.
· South Africa played their first Test match at
the stadium during the 1999 Rugby World Cup, in the quarter-final against
England, which the Springboks won 44-21 thanks to a brilliant kicking display
by Jannie de Beer. He slotted two conversions, five penalty goals and five drop
goals for a personal contribution of 34 points.
· To date, seven Test matches were played at
this stadium by South Africa: three against France, three against England and
one against Argentina.
· South Africa’s overall record at the stadium
is: P 7; W 5; L 2; PF: 181; PA: 96; TF: 13; TA: 6; Average score: 26-14; Win%:
· South Africa’s record against France at the
stadium is: P 3; W 1; L 2; PF: 49; PA: 56; TF: 4; TA: 5; Average score: 16-19;
· South Africa’s overall record against France:
P: 42; W: 25; L: 11; D: 6; PF: 892; PA: 619; TF: 101; TA: 55; Average score:
21-15. Win%: 60%