Cape Town - Fourteen stats and facts ahead of Saturday's Springboks v All Blacks Rugby Championship clash at Newlands.
· The total Test caps in the Springbok starting line-up is 331.
· There are 102 caps in the backline and 229 caps among the forwards,
with a further 136 caps among the replacements.
· The average caps per player in the backline is 15, the forwards 29
and 17 caps average on the bench.
· The average age of the starting XV is 26 years.
· Elton Jantjies needs nine points to reach 200 points in Tests for South
· Handré Pollard needs 12 points to reach 200 points in Tests for South
· After a record 18 Tests as a substitute, Steven Kitshoff will on
Saturday finally make his first start in a Test match.
· Wilco Louw will make his Test and tournament debut should he come off
· The first Test match between South Africa and New Zealand at Newlands in Cape Town took place on September 1, 1928. The Test was won by New
Zealand with a score of 13-5.
· During the next 80 years, eight more Test matches between the Springboks
and All Blacks were played at the famous ground, the oldest rugby stadium in
· Saturday’s match will be the Springbok’s 10th Test match
against New Zealand at this venue.
· The Springbok record for the previous nine matches is: P 9; W 3; L 6; PF:
89; PA: 130; TF: 7; TA: 12; Average score: 10-14. Win%: 33%.
· South Africa’s overall record at the ground: P 52; W 35; L 15; D 2; PF:
1 014; PA: 637; TF: 131; TA: 67; Average score: 20-12. Win%: 67%.
· South Africa’s overall record against New Zealand is: P: 94; W: 35; L:
56; D: 3; PF: 1 458; PA: 1 920; TF: 140; TA: 209; Average score: 16-20. Win%: