Cape Town - Thirteen stats and facts ahead of Saturday's Springboks v Wallabies Rugby Championship clash in Bloemfontein.
Test match will be the Springboks’ fourth against Australia at this venue in
· The Springbok record for the previous three matches is: P 3; W 2; L 1;
PF: 83; PA: 68; TF: 7; TA: 7; Average score: 28-23. Win%: 67%.
· South Africa’s overall record at the Toyota Stadium is: P 18; W 13; L 4;
D 1; PF: 504; PA: 307; TF: 57; TA: 28; Average score: 28-17. Win%: 72%.
Africa’s overall record against Australia is: P: 84; W: 46; L: 36; D: 2; PF: 1
630; PA: 1 471; TF: 190; TA: 150; Average score: 19-18. Win%: 55%.
total Test caps for the Springbok starting line-up is 354. There are 95 caps in
the backline with 259 caps among the forwards. On the bench there are a
further 162 caps.
· The average caps per player in the backline is 14, the forwards 32 while
the players on the bench average 20.
average age of the starting XV is 27.
Mtawarira will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok prop, with 95
caps in this position. He is the third most experienced Springbok forward
behind Victor Matfield and John Smit.
· Mtawarira will also play in his 44th Rugby
Championship Test match, only the fourth Springbok behind Bryan Habana (53),
Jean de Villiers (50) and Victor Matfield (48) to play in 40 or more matches in
It will also be the 32nd consecutive Test match which for
“Beast”, which will move him into third position for most consecutive Tests. Only
John Smit (46) and Gary Teichmann (39) played in more consecutive Tests.
· Mtawarira is also set to extend his Springbok record to 34 consecutive
Test matches in the Tri-Nations / Rugby Championship.
· Elton Jantjies needs 21 points to reach 200 points in Tests for South
Pollard needs 12 points to reach 200 points in Tests for South Africa.